When you visit Apeldoorn, we highly recommend you visiting some (or all) of these 'must-sees':
- A popular monkey zoo called 'De Apenheul', is home to many different species of monkeys and apes that live in natural settings. There is a lot of interaction between visitors and primates, as some are allowed to roam freely.
Palace Het Loo, is the best way to get an impression of how the Royal Dutch Family lived throughout the last few centuries. The palace is divided into three sections:
- The museum has a great collection of historical objects, art, and fashion pieces.
- The former stables and coach houses: present a great line-up of carriages and old-timer vehicles.
- The original 17th-century style of the gardens and palace park is still present.
- Juliana toren, is a very famous amusement park for children. The park offers over 60 attractions and spectacular shows! Families with children between the ages of 2 to 10, will certainly enjoy themselves.
Apeldoorn is also a great place to spend the day shopping. The town has a wide variety of shops. In the city center there is a shopping mall, even on a rainy day, you can still shop to your heart's content.
There are numerous terraces to enjoy a drink and relax. The Caterplein is located at the end of the main street, where you will find the vibrant nightlife. Here, you will find a mixture of cafés and bars. Enough reasons to spend a day Apeldoorn!